The Sea Of Consciousness
Tract #25 in the Treasures For Science-Fiction Followers series
Version 1d, Dec. 1, 2005. Copyright 2005 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr.
Copyright 2005 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. All publication rights and mass-reproduction rights are reserved to the author, but internet users are given permission to duplicate this digital file and distribute it without alteration to friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers, and acquaintances. Distribution is encouraged, and the file may even be printed out on paper for paper copies, but the text must remain unaltered and the total number of printed copies for each individual tract should not exceed 10,000 unless you have gotten permission in writing from Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. or a surviving member of his family. You may contact Ken Street (RKSJ) by e-mail using the web-mail addresses that follow: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com. Many more free teaching tracts by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. will be found at the internet sites WorldwideChristianTracts.net, OnlineChristianTracts.org, and Christian-Tracts.net. This note must be retained on all duplicate copies that you may make.
Human science has made five very important discoveries in recent years, and these are five which every individual on Earth should contemplate. These five discoveries should revolutionize your thinking and radically alter your world-view. Untiring researchers of science have done much analysis to reach these conclusions, and their observations are certainly justified. We must be grateful for this new encouragement from our scientists, which comes to us from those humans who have been so long dedicated to the study of physics, astrophysics, and microbiology. Here are the first two of these determinations, which have come forth from ardent scientists and countless years of study:
1. The Universe is a vast sea of Energy. We now know that energy-waves fill all space, even that between stars and between galaxies. This energy directs all movement, initiates all transformations, and controls all matter.
2. The Universe is a vast sea of Consciousness. Our science has ascertained that there is no distinct point at which it may be said that matter makes the transition from the so-called "inorganic" state to become what we term "life."
There is evidently a consciousness in all parts of the Universe; it's all alive. It now appears that consciousness is a quality appearing in all matter. Consciousness is a primary force circulating throughout the Universe. There is no other conclusion possible: There is a hidden consciousness behind all matter, directing the movement of all things.
In effect, we have by these two discoveries unveiled the existence of God. More precisely, we have discovered the Power of God, Who is the God of Life... a Superbeing Who is the Life-Source responsible for the Life-Force that exists in our Universe. He is the Creator of All that exists.
As a result of these two recent scientific discoveries, many people on Earth have recently gravitated toward a religious world-view, but many of them have moved to pantheism, thinking that God must be inside all of the Universe and a part of it. Even some Christians (especially those who try to simultaneously accommodate the Theory of Evolution) have been able to misconceive the situation and grossly err, thinking that God is inside everything, and therefore He must be inside all human beings too.
But that’s not the case, not the reality of our situation. The Bible clearly teaches that God is Omnipotent, Omniscient, and Omnipresent — which means He can be everywhere at the same time — but He is not a part of the physical Universe. It teaches that God’s Holy Spirit can reach anywhere, reach into all parts of the Universe, and is capable of reaching into the heart of any human being. It teaches us that every human being is conceived with an eternal spirit, a life-force that will someday undergo a bodily death... but that life-spirit will continue for all of eternity in one of two places. It will either spend eternity in the Holy Presence of God, or it will spend eternity in the Outer Darkness, cast away from the Light of God.
The Bible teaches us that Jesus Christ, also called the Sun of Righteousness, came into the world to offer humanity an escape route, so that fewer humans would end up being cast into the Outer Darkness.
But the Bible also teaches that the Holy Spirit of God does not go into the heart of every human being on Earth. Instead, His Spirit goes only into the hearts of those humans that God deems worthy to receive it, because God does not like to stand in the presence of that which is evil and unclean. Indeed, He cannot do so, because He is forever Holy.
So God has tried to make it a little easier for us to reach Him and the Heaven of His Presence. He is willing to give us salvation from our sins and an eternity in Heaven in exchange for just one thing. His requirement is that we must honor the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus, and recognize Him as the Lord of our lives on Earth.
God is naturally proud of His Son Jesus Christ, and greatly appreciates His accomplishments on Earth. He thinks you should recognize the “family resemblance” between God The Father and His Son Jesus.
God The Father knows the value of Christ’s sacrifice, knowing that He suffered torture on a cross in Jerusalem so that you would not have to suffer torture in Hell. Thus, He wants you to appreciate that sacrifice too. He wants you to honor His Son and be loyal to Him. In this way, you can become a Child of God and a brother to Jesus Christ.
Otherwise, you will simply remain a child of your former father, and will suffer the natural fate of most humans on Earth. Who is your father if you don’t honor God’s Son? If you don’t honor Christ, it’s because you hate the Truth, and you prefer Darkness to the Light.
The Bible teaches that if you don’t honor Jesus, recognizing that He is God The Son, the Holy One Who inhabited the human body of Jesus Christ... then your father is Satan, the Father of Lies. It teaches that unbelievers are all loyal to the Father of Lies, who is the Prince of Darkness and the father of all liars in the world.
To all intents and purposes, science has now established the existence of God. We have scientifically proven the existence of God, because we have discovered that there can be no true void in our Universe: A consciousness-producing Life Energy— or if you prefer, a Life Energy Consciousness— has been seen to exist even in "empty" space.
Consciousness does not, and cannot, come forth from a "void," nor does it come forth from "inorganic" matter. There is no such thing as a "void," and "inorganic matter" does not exist! Only organic matter and energy compose our Universe. We have existence in a Living Universe, and the scope of this Living Universe can only be encompassed by the word God.
Consciousness does not arise out of a void; consciousness can come forth from Consciousness only.
Consider the following two quotes, both of which are awesome conclusions reached by major scientists.
Max Planck (1858-1947), who was the creator of Quantum Theory and winner of the 1918 Nobel Prize for Physics, made this statement: "As a physicist, as a man who has devoted his life to the most matter-of-fact branch of science, namely, the investigation of matter, I am surely free of any suspicion of fanaticism. And so after my research into the atom I say this to you: There is no such thing as matter per se! All matter originates from and consists of a force which sets the atomic particles in oscillation and concentrates them into the miniature solar system of the atom. But as there is neither an intelligence nor an internal force in the whole universe, we must assume a conscious intelligent spirit behind this force. This spirit is the basic principle of all matter..."
Sir James Hopwood Jeans (1877-1946), known for his theory of the origin of planets, put forth this declaration: "Today's scholars are fairly unanimous and physicists almost completely unanimous in saying that the whole current of knowledge is moving in the direction of a non-mechanical kind of reality. The universe gradually looks more like a great thought than a great machine."
And there is also Albert Einstein, who long ago had this to say: "But science can only be created by those who are thoroughly imbued with the aspiration towards truth and understanding. This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason. I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith. The situation may be expressed by an image: Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
The great tragedy is that the masses have been blinded by a lack of true science, by a humanistic science which mandates a denial of the very source of universal energy. With a built-in predisposition toward materialism, unbelieving scientists and evolutionary scientists have insisted that only atheism is scientific. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
More recently, these same unbelievers have promoted a new propaganda, suggesting that pantheism is scientific and fits well with the Theory of Evolution, and that it likewise fits well with the religion of Buddhism. Buddhism, they say, contains some concepts very reminiscent of evolutionary thought in modern science.
You now stand deep in the heart of an endless spiritual ocean that has two fundamental characteristics: Life Energy and Consciousness. An ocean of spiritual energy is circulating around you in every moment.
That ocean of spiritual energy, if you perceive it correctly, is actually the Holy Spirit of God. It’s the Spirit of God The Father and God The Son, a Triune God Who exists everywhere in our Universe... able to be in all places at the same time. His Spirit is not inside the physical Universe, nor is it part of the physical Universe, but it is all around you.
If you look closely, you will see that God is behind the natural world, and that He is behind the physical Universe that you see every day. He is the invisible Source of All things, the Power Behind The Scenes. If you look closely, you will surely sense the supernatural existence of God and His supernatural Power to change your life.
His Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit Who aids the believer when he accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, has power to change your entire life.
Given the opportunity, His Spirit will wash over you and clean up your act. It will even quench your thirst with the Water of Life.
This spiritual vastness is also a life-giving atmosphere. If you suffocate, it is only because you refuse to breathe.
Merely open yourself up, and new energy will come pouring into you. It will give you energy, and life, and a new kind of consciousness.
It may be said of many persons that while they stand within an ocean of spiritual energy, deep within the heart of a sea of living water... yet they are dying of thirst because they refuse to drink.
As an old saying has it: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.
Prayer and meditation— when one meditates on the Holy Scriptures which are the written Word of God— are exercises by which a man may come to Christ and daily drink of the Water of Life. Jesus taught us that He is the “Water of Life,” a source of divine nourishment... and as such, He can quench our spiritual thirst, giving any human being the prospect of an Eternal Life with the God of Heaven.
But first, that human has to feel ready to drink. And second, he has to exercise his own native power of choice.
Jesus offers the Water of Life to all the world. Unless you drink the water He gives you, you will never know the bliss of an Eternal Life in the Presence of God.
There is a force in this Universe which gave Bach the power to produce his mighty music... a force that has produced the most awesome artistic masterpieces that the world has ever beheld.
Jesus Christ is the Life Force of this Universe, and He generates the Light of the world. Through His Holy Spirit, His followers are able to create beautiful artwork and glorious music, and they are able to accomplish good works for humanity... simply because they reflect for the world the Light of Jesus.
Since you live out your lifetime deep in the midst of a great Sea of Consciousness... isn’t it time for you to finally wake up and see the Light?
Don’t let the blind lead you around. Don’t prefer Darkness to the Light. God is Light, and God is the Light of the World. Jesus Christ is the Sun of Heaven. He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life of this Universe in which we all live.
It’s time for you to be conscious of the existence of God, and conscious of His Lordship over our Universe.
It’s time for you to be conscious of the Reality which is Almighty God.
You’ve heard the evolutionary explanation of Universal development for a great many years, with all of its elaborate details... ever since you were a child. You’ve surely encountered its advocates in every arena of the academic world and in every arena of everyday life. Its proponents are everywhere, and they have already proselytized much of the Earth. You are doubtless thoroughly accustomed to that way of thinking.
But what is the Biblical scheme of Earth's history and direction...? It’s the alternative explanation that God has given us in His Holy Scriptures.
A lot of people on our planet, even some Christian theologians, have tried to make the Bible compatible with their own evolutionary beliefs. But can that really be done? Such people reduce Biblical history to insignificance beside the enormity of their faith in the grand Theory of Evolution.
The Bible paints a very different picture concerning the history and future destiny of the Earth, and it is quite at odds with the beliefs of those who have faith in Evolution.
In the Holy Bible, God offers you a different and superior view of Earth’s development and its future fate. From the Holy Scriptures of the Bible we learn that Jesus Christ makes known to us the great secrets of the Universe— secrets not revealed on Earth from the time of Creation until the time of His arrival on our planet.
Here’s the Truth about the Universe, its progress, and God’s ultimate goal for the human race... the establishment of a paradise that God plans for the people of the Earth...
What is the Biblical scheme of Earth’s history and direction?
It’s a long-range plan by which God will transform and re-populate the planet Earth...
It's a vision of vast scope and mind-boggling predictions...
God's developmental plan for our Universe is an astounding program of transformations ...!
Here are 20 stages of ascent that should lead you to a genuine comprehension of your purpose and destiny in the Universe. These will help you to reach a higher level of consciousness, a lofty place where you will better understand of the history of the Earth and God’s goal for humanity...
1. A theme of WARFARE runs through the many books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. We see evidence of angelic warfare, of historic military warfare between God's chosen people and the ungodly nations.
There are predictions of further warfare between the elect of Christ and the anti- Christian forces, and of a final great battle of Armageddon.
SPIRITUAL WARFARE devastates this planet until Christ's Kingdom comes !
2. A theme of APOCALYPTIC DESTRUCTION and RE-CREATION runs through the books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. We see this in the Genesis record of Noah and the Great Flood, and in the predictions of the Old Testament prophets.
Jesus himself speaks of this in great detail as he is quoted in Mat. 24, Luke 17:24-37, and other places in the gospels. There are many such references in the epistles, and the final book, John's Revelation of Jesus Christ, is devoted almost exclusively to this subject.
3. A theme of the SURVIVAL OF A REMNANT who are loyal to God runs through the many books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation.
4. Rather than the Darwinian concept of "natural selection" and "survival of the fittest" (meaning the strongest) in a scheme of evolution, God's system of development is quite different!
God's plan is that there will be "DIVINE ELECTION" of all those who have chosen to accept His system of grace and mercy through Jesus Christ, and His plan calls for a "SURVIVAL OF THE LOYAL" instead.
5. In this scheme which God Himself has formulated, it is not the STRONGEST who survive, but rather the SUBMISSIVE!
(In this regard, it is certainly true that God can make the weak person become strong. But a person who is too strong and egotistical God may choose to crush, in order that he— or she— will be humbled and will become submissive to the will of God!)
6. God is continuously harvesting the Earth as His ever-progressing plan of DIVINE SELECTION goes forward, through a wise and millennia-long program of evaluation— through interminable testing of people and a very lengthy developmental process of SELECTING and REJECTING.
7. Thus, a theme of DIVINE SELECTION through a LONG-RANGE, millennia-spanning DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM becomes evident.
8. This calls for a MAJOR SHIFT IN THE WORLD-VIEW that is held by any individual.
It truly requires a COPERNICAN REVOLUTION IN THE MIND-SET of a human being.
9. You must comprehend with an entirely new way of looking at the Universe— for to be among the redeemed, to be among the survivors who are granted eternal life with God, you must place JESUS CHRIST AT THE CENTER OF YOUR UNIVERSE, in the very place where once YOUR OWN EGO had ruled supreme!
You need to put the Sun of Heaven inside your heart! Once He is there, He will illuminate your mind and all areas of the Universe with the bright Light of His Presence. His Light will be radiant in your face, in your life, and your actions. Just as Moses’ face was radiant after he was in the presence of God, the follower of Jesus reflects the brilliant Light of the Lord Christ! His Holy Spirit will be inside you forevermore, making you aware of His Lordship and His Truth... giving you eternal access to His Divine Wisdom.
10. To be among the rescued, you must be a part of the Chosen Remnant of humanity that God will save from the Old Earth. A person must first become a believer of God, one who believes all God's words (His open communication to the human race), as revealed through Holy Scriptures and through God's only true Son, Jesus Christ.
God will show us mercy and forgiveness of our sins only when we come to Him through the sacrificial death of His one true Son, Jesus. God has made provision for grace (leniency and forgiveness), but He offers it to us only via the substituted sacrifice of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
11. Jesus has willingly agreed, already, to receive all your preordained punishment, in order that you may be spared from the Judgment fate— a destination in Hell. That punishment is what a person's sinfulness will otherwise deserve. . . and it will be found inescapable. . . at the great Judgment Day of God, when God will ultimately evaluate and judge the deeds of all souls.
12. Any soul can be spared on the basis of God's own painful sacrifice, by a belief in the salvation God offers through His chosen Messiah, His only-begotten Son Jesus Christ.
Those souls that are spared will be the ones that have opened the door of the heart and have allowed Jesus Christ to come inside. Through His Holy Spirit, He can take up residence inside you as the New Center of the Universe. . . as a brilliant light at the center of the spiritual "solar system." After that, everything in the Universe will revolve around God in an orderly and logical fashion. The progress of the Universe, and of God’s Plan for it, will from that time forward seem logical and orderly to your mind.
13. Are you still living as the only focal point of an Earth-centered universe? It’s time for you to stop making this Earth the center of it all!
Could a Christ-in Revolution change your mind-set. . . and establish instead the reality of a God-centered Universe?
You can move away from humanism if you so desire, move on to a higher level where you worship the True God, the Creator of our Universe. Do you really believe that Man is the center of all things... the measure of all things? God is the One Who will ultimately measure and evaluate the deeds of every human being!
You need to put the Sun of Heaven inside your heart. Jesus Christ is “the Sun of Righteousness,” and through His Holy Spirit, He can put some of His righteousness inside you. More importantly, God credits the follower of Jesus Christ with the Holiness and Righteousness of His Son. You need to place Him on the throne of your heart, declaring Him to be “the Sun King” of your life!
14. The brilliant light of Jesus Christ can give you an "internal guidance system" for your heart. . . and this will provide orderly direction for the "planetary system" of your personal worldview.
When you put Jesus on a throne in your heart, He provides a warm "sun" for that great void in your internal universe, and it will then burn continuously to dispel all the darkness/ coldness that would exist there without His presence. After that, you will have a logical "solar system" for all the interactive elements of your life.
15. Those souls who are not to be spared on this basis (those who have rejected God's words, His truth, His light, and His sacrifice) will suffer eternal separation from God. They will be cast instead into what Jesus calls “the Outer Darkness.” They will be forced to endure an eternal separation from God and God's final achievement— the recreated Paradise that will then be revealed as His ultimate objective.
This will be a NEW EARTH produced by God for all those persons whom He has rescued (or harvested) from the present world. God will populate it with those He has chosen through His millennia-long DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM of DIVINE SELECTION.
16. This is God's final goal— His objective is to produce an entirely different world, a new and totally restructured world that will be vastly superior to this present world of distress and disorder, of countless evils and sin-produced chaos.
It is certain that the NEW EARTH will be immensely more pleasant than this present one, which will eventually be rejected and replaced!
17. You gain an Eternal Life with God when you put the Sun of Heaven in your heart. You can do this by placing Jesus Christ, Who in the Trinity of God created our Universe, upon a throne at the center of your heart! He deserves that position and that kind of respect. He was first God The Son, but when born in human flesh He became the only sinless and righteous person who ever lived. Yet He sacrificed Himself on a cross for your sake, taking all guilt and sins upon Himself— for you and for me, for all people everywhere— so that whoever wishes for salvation might be rescued from the due punishment of sins.
18. If you will do this, you will gain a new contentment and peace as you accept God's organizational plan for the Universe. . . because you'll be letting God be the Ruler of All Things in this world. . . and in your own life.
The Sun of Heaven will then reign in your life as the supreme Power that governs all things. The Bible calls Jesus Christ both “the Sun of Heaven” and “the Sun of Righteousness.” When you place Christ in your heart, He will lead you to a new life of righteousness. The Holy Spirit will start to rebuild you in the image of God, making you more like Jesus. You’ll become a brother (or sister) to Jesus Christ!
19. All it really takes is a simple but sincere little prayer— one that you should make up in your own words. The prayer for deliverance and for God's leadership should come from your own heart!
Some important elements that you might include are:
1) your desire to turn away from the wrongness or evil of your past life, and your remorse over the sins of your previous life,
2) your desire for God's forgiveness and mercy through the act of sacrifice of His Only Begotten Son (Jesus Christ),
3) your desire to know God's leadership in your life,
4) your desire to learn more of God's truth through Bible study,
5) your desire to find fellowship with genuine believers.
After accepting forgiveness through Jesus Christ, you must sincerely seek to turn away from evil, to the best of your ability; and you must further seek to gain knowledge of God's will through a diligent study of the Holy Scriptures of the Bible. Also, you must not neglect to maintain a fellowship and communication with God through the device of daily prayer.
20. This Sunday, don’t just worship the sun, like the followers of Baal, the Roman polytheists, and the pagans. You shouldn’t worship nature like the pantheists and the animists. The supernatural does exist, because God’s Spirit is above and behind the natural world... and superior to it. So don’t worship the sun and the stars like the naturalistic science advocates, the humanists, the evolutionists, and many of our modern-day science-fiction fans!
Don’t go out to worship the sun and stars this Sunday. Instead, go out to a good Bible-believing church and worship the Holy One Who is the Sun of Heaven— Jesus Christ, Who is both the Son of God and God The Son. Jesus Christ is the Sun of Heaven, and He is the Light of the World!
When you accept Jesus into your heart, His Light will transform your own mind and heart. Your purpose and goals will be changed, because you’ll want other people to learn about the good news of Jesus Christ’s resurrection. You’ll want to share the light, and you’ll want to worship the Sun of Heaven in a house of God!
This Sunday, bless the Father in Heaven by honoring His Son, of Whom He is very proud.
Jesus said of the people of God that "The kingdom of heaven is like a net that God has cast into the sea, and it gathers of every kind: When it is full, it will be pulled up on the shore, where they will sit down to sort the catch, and they will collect the good fish in baskets, but the bad things will be thrown away. This is the way it will be at the end of the world: The angels shall come forth, and they will separate the unrighteous persons from among those justified by God. . ."
Excerpt from the Book of Matthew, who was a constant
companion of Jesus and his devoted disciple [13:47-50].
Jesus spoke of the people of God as being like a seed that is growing secretly, saying, "As for the kingdom of God, it is as if a person should cast seed into the ground; and then he sleeps, and he rises up night and day to see that the seed is springing forth and always growing up, although he knows not exactly how. The Earth is bringing forth fruit from itself; first the blade, then the ears of corn, and after that the fullness of the ears of corn. And when all the fruit of the Earth has come forth, immediately God will use the sickle to reap the fields, because the harvest-time has come."
Excerpt from the book of Mark [4:26-29].
It's also important for all of us to remember this:
1) WE SPEAK TO GOD by our prayers.
2) GOD SPEAKS TO US by the words of Holy Scripture.
So we must try to read His words and His Book just as often as we possibly can!!
God wants to bless you for all your long efforts to understand this very confusing and difficult Universe in which we live so let Him reward your search with the grace of His forgiveness and enlightenment!
THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN FOR YOU BY. . .
Ken Street, a baptized follower of the Way.
Copyright 2005 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr.
This is one of more than 50 Street Tracts available at Christian-Tracts.net, WorldwideChristianTracts.net and OnlineChristianTracts.org...!
Visit these sites for free e-tracts, printing patterns & more good stuff !
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com